Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gardening Notes

Just a note to myself - bulbs planted yesterday. Attempted dollar store flowering seed (Shade Mix) in the front center flower bed. Supposedly 10 days to germinate. I've been lied to - DEER EAT JALAPENOS AND BEGONIAS, so far they are leaving the Gladiolas alone.
Bulbs: In front of garage, around 2 Oaks, mixed color Gladiolas. Planted on ?. 4 out of 6 bulbs came up, but I didn't read the directions until I was done, and I wasn't paying attention to what directions I set the bulbs in the ground.
Behind the decorative grass (where the fence tees) on 6/7/11: 15 White lily-things (must look up the name), 2 Stargazer Lilies, 12? Yellow Gladiolas, 12 Mixed Color Gladiolas, 6 Pink Gladiolas.
Hummingbird Vine, planted on ?. Just now starting to vine.
Mystery Sprouts in garden turned out to be miniature pumpkins. All died after flowering. I did not water them daily until they started dying. They also got fuzzy white spots on the leaves before I started watering daily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hollywood, South Carolina, United States
I felt that a blog would be an interesting experiment